Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ten Things That Make Me Feel Good

There's a thread being passed around the internet now asking people to name 10 things that make them feel good. At first I wasn't sure what to write, then I had a hard time stopping at just 10! In no particular order, here is my list.

1 - Browsing a book store. Any bookstore, anywhere. New or used. It doesn't matter. Just drop me off in the middle of a bookstore and I'm content.

2 - Taking the long way home so me and the kids can finish singing along to our favorite song in the car. And if that song is Freebird, well I'll drive way out of the way to listen to my 5 year old sing along to Lynyrd Skynyrd.

3 - Teaching a yoga class when everything just clicks and there's lots of positive energy flowing through the room.

Catching candy at the 2009 Munford Christmas parade
4 - Waking up early to find it's a snow day - from school and work!

5 - Sitting on a roadside curb in the cold to watch a Christmas parade. I'm sure this stems from my many years as a child watching and marching in the Hatboro Christmas parade up home. And of course every parade since then has been compared to that parade. Even the Mardi Gras parades from my time in New Orleans were fun, but they were no Hatboro parade! And now I get to enjoy the fun with my kids watching them wave to the floats, catch the candy being thrown and groove along to the marching bands.

6 - Riding horses.

7 - Hiking through State Parks.

8 - Genuine laughter that is unexpected and so hard it makes my sides hurt.

9 - Sand on my toes and the sun on my face during the day. Listening to the sound of the ocean at night.

10 - Realizing I have way more than ten things that make me feel good and smile!

What are your Feel Good 10?

2 comments:

  1. 1. Seeing my husband smile
    2. Cuddling with my dog
    3. A good yoga practice that doesn't necessarily go as planned and I surprise myself
    4. Teaching yoga whether in the studio or in everyday life
    5. Beading
    6. Seeing my kooky nieces
    7. Visiting with my best friend
    8. Smiling at a stranger and having them smile back
    9. Flowers blooming in the garden I planted
    10. Hearing I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Hugs from my baby.
    2. Kisses from my hubby.
    3. Laughing with my friends.
    4. Blankets.
    5. Tomato soup and grilled cheese on a cold day.
    6. Rockin a yoga pose and I know I look good in it (triangle makes me feel skinny.)
    7. Date night
    8. Video chatting with my family
    9. A much deserved nap
    10. When a craft project turns out well.

    ReplyDelete