Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Minutes Of Memories But A Lifetime of Lessons

Every experience is a lesson, every loss is a gain.
                                          --  Sri Sathya Sai Baba



Today's reverb10 prompt: December 15 – 5 Minutes Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)


Just reading the prompt initially gave me amnesia. Out of the past 349 days what could I narrow down to just 5 minutes to remember? I'm stumped.

And then the memories started to flow. Some good.  Some not good.  But all of them memorable.

So I decided instead of narrowing down the year to five minutes of memories, I'd rather keep the lifetime of lessons learned.

It's said that we will repeat the lesson over and over until we master it. I know I've been repeating a lot of lessons. My hope for the new year is that I am on my way to conquering the past, and moving on better equipped for the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment