Friday, February 15, 2013

What A Sweet Thursday

Today was a good day.

I've been warned that the first year during a divorce is the hardest because you have to get through all the holidays and special occasions alone. Well, first of all, I'm not alone. I've got six kids to keep me busy and keep me company. And second, Valentines Day was never that big a deal for me anyway. I haven't gotten a Valentines present in about, oh I don't even know how long.

So I wasn't feeling lonely or worried about today. I had no expectations at all other than it would be a regular Thursday.

But most regular Thursdays don't start out with a sweet card. Or a box of chocolates. They don't have unexpected text messages, afternoon phone calls, hand-delivered flowers, single roses or a delicious dinner out full of laughter and friends.

But today my Thursday included all of those things. And the love and thoughtfulness behind each one of those gifts meant more to me than money could ever buy.


1 comment:

  1. how wonderful... I got a (as son #2 was about to close the front door) hey mom, I love you and happy valentines day.
    that's all I needed. at least one of the 2 boys in my life remembered. that's all that matters... the love. :)
    happy day to you,mama.
    xo Mel

    ReplyDelete