Thursday, August 14, 2014

Perfect Work & A Perfect Reminder

Day 5: Perfect Work

What would your perfect work day be like?

My perfect work day would be a day where I don't feel like I didn't get enough done and I didn't let anyone down. The perfect work day is where when I'm at work I am fully present at work. When I leave work I actually come home to spend quality time with my family, rather than rush off to job number two. And when I'm at home, I am fully present and in the moment at home.

As I read today's #AugustMoon14 writing prompt I thought yeah right, I haven't had a perfect day in what feels like forever. So I figured why even bother trying to write tonight.

As I perused through Facebook I had a notification from an app called God Wants You To Know. Now I could, and should, write a post just about this app and how I have no idea how it got on my Facebook and some of the notifications I've had from it. But tonight, this is what it said:

Today, Jennifer, we believe God wants you to know that ...
you can give yourself more credit.
Are you juggling too much? Sometimes you don't give yourself enough credit for what you do get done in a day. Today, celebrate your accomplishments.

Well that's just apropos for tonight isn't it?

And I actually did have a couple work accomplishments this week. Also,it's the first full week back to school and back to a four night per week dance schedule and so far the kids have had lunches packed and up for school and out the door without any issues. That's a win. I've managed to keep up my personal workouts this week. And I made three blog entries! 

So as I spend the end of my night preparing for tomorrow, I think for tonight I will cut myself some slack and acknowledge that although today wasn't perfect, it wasn't a fail.


This post is part of #AugustMoon, a series of daily writing prompts found at Kat McNally Words To Soothe The Weary Soul.


3 comments:

  1. I try at the end of each day to find one small perfect moment. Maybe it was just that Cody made it to the potty all by himself on time. Or when I saw my kids randomly hug one another and tell each other "you're my best friend". Days are long and hectic, and I often feel bogged down by the baby phase. So while no day is truly perfect, I force myself to count my blessing and find just one perfect moment. (And just for the record, today's has already happened. Charlie is asleep on his play mat. He fell asleep all on his own. So weird. Neither of the other 2 EVER EVER did that.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fully present" - yes, that's an important part of it, isn't it? It sounds to me like you are doing pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you found the small wins, even though the bigger picture mightn't have been perfect. This seems to be an important clue (so important, it seems, that God himself has tapped you on the shoulder!)

    ReplyDelete