Saturday, December 19, 2015

Alchemy & Serendipity #Reverb15


While alchemy is the active process of creating something of value, serendipity is the passive path to finding an unexpected treasure. 

Looking back through 2015, what did you diligently try to create? 

What great thing did you just happen to find?

This is a special Reverb15 prompt because... I wrote it!

My lovely Australian friend Kat McNally invited me to collaborate with her this year on #Reverb and I couldn't be more excited to participate!

Also, that is my lovely daughter Kid 4 in the picture!

Now, just because I wrote today's prompt, doesn't mean I knew right away how to answer the prompt.  I'm a little behind in my Reverb this year because of my crazy insane work schedule, but the extra time has given me time to ponder and reflect on what I worked for this year, what I accomplished, and what I found unexpectedly.

Back in April I wrote a post titled Time To Take My Writing & My Yoga To The Next Level.  In the post I laid out a list of ways I needed to get serious about taking my writing seriously. I wrote it out, meant every word I said, and then forgot about it.

Yet, the power of manifesting intention has proven true once again! When I looked back at my list I was surprised/excited/pleased to see how much my hard work this year brought about some pretty cool things.

  • Be invited to collaborate in one of the Reverb projects. Hello,  Kat McNally and Alana Lawson? Can I play too? Woop whoop here I am writing and collaborating for Reverb15. Thank you Kat and Alana for including me in your writing tribe.
  • See my book for sale on Amazon. Oh yeah! Here's the link for Amazon sales. 
  • See my book Creating A Joyful Life: The Lessons I Learned From Yoga and My Mom sitting on my book shelf. The book is on my bedroom bookshelf and, even better, on the bookshelf of our local library and local bookstore! 
  • Sell a copy of my book to someone outside my social circle or to someone who doesn't feel obligated to buy it. The cool thing about Amazon is you can track your sales by geographical location. I have sold books in many many places that I don't personally know anyone. 
  • Sell many copies of my book. Many is a subjective term, but I have sold many more than I expected to and I am very pleased with sales. 
  • See my byline on Huffington Post. Well I wasn't picked up by the Huffington Post, but two different pieces I wrote were picked up by Yahoo! and even made the Yahoo! home page. Way cool!
Looking back, my hard work paid off and I hope that with continued hard work it will continue to pay off in the future. 

As for the serendipity part of this prompt, what did I just happen to find? Well I think I found the last item on my list:
  • Take advantage of this time to finally become the person I am meant to be.
I think for the first time, in a long time, I am coming closer to the person I am meant to be. I'm still struggling in many ways, but now I hold my head high and say "this is the life that I have built."


This post is part of #Reverb15, a series of daily writing prompts found at Kat McNally Words To Soothe The Weary Soul. 


No comments:

Post a Comment