Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Lists & Prayers #Reverb15

In her seventh ever blog post, all the way back in March 2003(!), the inimitable Andrea Scher wrote: “Maybe lists are like prayers.”

What sorts of lists do you have on the go at the moment? 
What do they suggest you are praying for?


I am an avid list maker. My iPhone notes are full of lists; grocery lists, writing ideas, Christmas gift ideas, important phone number I shouldn't forget but since I didn't put a name next to it I don't know who it belongs to, etc.

I've also unintentionally made two important lists here on my blog:

Forty Four For My Next 44 Years - a list of things that I wrote in 2013 that I wanted to accomplish in my new post-divorce life. It's been interesting to look back at the end of each year to see just how many I have been able to scratch off. And how many more I want to add to my list!

and

Time To Take My Writing and My Yoga To The Next Level - a post I wrote one night when I decided it was time to take myself, and my writing, seriously.

Writing things down not only holds me accountable, it lets me put into writing what I really am hoping (praying) for.

The list makes it real.

Prayers and desires only have the potential to be real once you believe they can be real.

Writing down my hopes and prayers helps me believe they will eventually become my reality.


This post is part of #Reverb15, a series of daily writing prompts found at Kat McNally Words To Soothe The Weary Soul. 


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to describe the power of intention which leads to action - first making a list and then acting on it. I was delighted to peek at your 44 list and see how many you've accomplished. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The list makes it real…… wonderful. It was thrilling to see so many desires achieved on your 44 list….I'm looking forward to the next time you revisit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Prayers and desires only have the potential to be real once you believe they can be real." -- So true! yet for some reason so hard for me to internalize!

    ReplyDelete