Monday, September 4, 2017

Yoga For Toned Arms: Not Just Push Ups


As both a yoga teacher and a personal trainer, I spend equal time in the quiet of the yoga studio as well as in the noisy gym environment. Avid gym goers often ask me how best to build strength without looking too bulky. Of course, I recommend yoga.

While strength training in the gym requires the use of heavier weight to overload the muscles, yoga uses pure body weight to provide a more balanced and functional approach to strengthening and toning muscles. Yoga also has the advantage of toning both large and small muscle groups in balance with each other. Traditional weight training isolates one muscle group at a time, potentially leading to imbalance and injury.










1 comment:

  1. I would like to try yoga, but I'm afraid I'd be a hopeless failure. I'm not at all flexible. I worry about causing further strain to my back. And I can't afford classes.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete